[B-Greek] Proverbs 1:3

Calvin Lindstrom pclindstrom at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 31 14:13:11 EDT 2007

STROFAS LOGWN is also used in Wisdom 8:8.

The translation from the King James Version Apocrypha for Wisdom 8:8
is: "If a man desire much experience, she knoweth things of old, and
conjectureth aright what is to come: she knoweth the subtilties of
speeches (STROFAS LOGWN), and can expound dark sentences: she
foreseeth signs and wonders, and the events of seasons and times."

Sirach 39:2 uses the expression STROFAIS PARABOLWN, which is
translated as "subtil parables" in the King James Version Apocrypha.

The glosses given by J. Lust, et. al in their Greek-English Lexicon
of the Septuagint for STROPH is: turning (metaph.), subtlety,
literary craft (of words)

Calvin Lindstrom
Church of Christian Liberty
Arlington Heights, IL