[B-Greek] Eph 4:13 questions

kgraham0938 at comcast.net kgraham0938 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 31 11:40:00 EDT 2007

Hey Daniel, I think the best way to take EIS METRON hHLIKIAS TOU PLHRWMATOS TOU CRISTOU is found in BDAG on page 436.  It reads "to the measure of the full maturity of Christ, who is a mature person."

And from what I can tell in BDAG I don't know if I would call them directly synonyms but they can carry the same idea depending upon context.

 hOLOKLHROS means complete, whole, blameless, sound.  And while hLIKIA means 1) the period of time that one's life continues, age, time of life 2)the age which is sufficient or requistie for certain things, maturity. 3) Bodily stature.

So there can be some overlapp I suppose.

--
Kelton Graham
KGRAHAM0938 at comcast.net

From: "Daniel Goepfrich" <pastor at oaktreecc.org>