[B-Greek] 2nd year NTG on my own / followup

JMonte2000 at aol.com JMonte2000 at aol.com
Sat Oct 27 21:42:07 EDT 2007

a message dated 10/27/2007 8:49:37 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gfsomsel at yahoo.com writes:
You failed to mention it, so I must ask whether you have BDAG.  If  not, you
should get it.

george
gfsomsel

Hi George, yes I do have the 2nd edition of BDAG. I have many other Greek
helps, I just didn't mention those.
I have also Vincent's word study's, The Exhaustive Con. of the GNT &  the NID
of NTT by Colin Brown & other things like this. Also many of the  NIGTC
commentaries.

While I'm back answering you. What is a realistic goal for word frequency
memorization? Some mention 20 + Others mention 10 + which is about a thousand
words. I was amazed the other day I was looking through Trenchard's Vocab
guide.  I saw as the words get lower they go up in count. a word that is 3 x in the
NT,  I think was 470, 2 x goes up to 600 & something but 1 x (hapax legomena
words) are over 2100!
Does many every get to know all the words in the NT?
What goal is realistic for an average NTG reader, expositor?

Jim  Montesano
NJ