[B-Greek] 2nd year NTG on my own

George F Somsel gfsomsel at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 27 20:49:29 EDT 2007

You failed to mention it, so I must ask whether you have BDAG.  If not, you should get it.

  george
  gfsomsel

  Therefore, O faithful Christian, search for truth,
  hear truth, learn truth, love truth,
  speak the truth, hold the truth,
  defend the truth till death
      _________

JMonte2000 at aol.com wrote:

  Greetings all
I had gone through Mounce's book, two times. The 1st time, I let the
building crumple so to speak. I have been called to teach (a Bible study in a
preaching format) and thought I do a review. I did this with a few friends. I'm
finished and going further on my own. I am asking for advice. I have a few
2nd yr resources and wanted to see how I should go about it, from people who
have done this before. I am doing this alone.
Also, I'm bringing my vocab from 325 words (50 + frequency) down to 650
words (20 + frequency) I'm at 525 words as of today approx 25 + frequency.
The books I have are...
A Summer Greek reader by Goodrich
A 1st John graded reader by Baugh
Mounce's graded reader
Wallace's beyond the basics
Dana and Mantey
Moulton's 4 book set by T&T Clark
Mounce's Morphology of Biblical Greek

My goal is to learn to read & use NTG for exegesis.
I do have a lot of time to do this and want learn.
Any suggestions would be VERY much appreciated. If possible be specific with
direction for me.
Thanks for the advice, in advance!

Jim Montesano
NJ