[B-Greek] NT USE OF OT was Thucidides - Semantics of the Battlefield, War

Bryant J. Williams III bjwvmw at com-pair.net
Fri Oct 12 15:26:24 EDT 2007

Dear Elizabeth,

You said,

"NT vs. OT lexical semantic theory

> Last night I was looking over an article on NT lexical semantics by
> D.Bock in a recent text book on NT exegesis. Apparently Bock isn't
> conversant with recent work in semantics. Most of his material
> appeared to be borrowed from books by J.P.Louw, D.Carson, and
> M.Silva.  All of these works are over 20 years old. Why is it that
> the semitic scholars are so far ahead of the NT Greek scholars? Case
> in point, R. de Blois of UBS who has published several significant
> papers and a monograph on the cognitive approach to lexical semantics.
>

> Elizabeth Kline"

Bryant's Response:
Since I have signed up for various notifications from various publishers on new
publications, I thought you might like this new one.
The following book is due out in mid-November, 2007. I attached the URL so that
you can check out the excerpt. The Introduction of the book which is excerpted
for your perusal is very good; and I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND that a person read
it FIRST before going into the rest of the book since it gives the information
for the book's outline, arrangement, methodology, etc.

http://www.bakeracademic.com/Media/MediaManager/Excerpt_BealeCarson_OTComm.pdf

To read the endorsements which cover a wide theological spectrum see the
following URL (Yes, that is one loooonnnngggg URL address!!!!:)))))
http://www.bakeracademic.com/ME2/Audiences/dirmod.asp?type=EcomBB&mod=E%2DCommerce%3A%3AProduct+Catalog&mid=70B7D6357AC74DCE82EF28E7D375E854&tier=3&id=05962F1D53EA497BA187CFD277EDEBFE&ntier1=&ntier2=&ntier3=&ntier4=&ntier5=

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III

***Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament ***