[B-Greek] Koine and Functional Linguistics

Elizabeth Kline kline_dekooning at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 6 00:03:30 EDT 2007

On Oct 5, 2007, at 2:48 PM, Taylor Swendsen wrote:

> I am a new student to Koine, with a background in functional
> linguistics
> (University of Washington).  Can anyone make some recommendations on
> resources that do well in incorporating a modern linguistic
> framework to the
> subject?

One title which isn't included in M.Palmer's list which is a must read:

Helma Dik, Word Order in Ancient Greek: A Pragmatic Account of Word
Order
Variation in Herodotus. Amsterdam Studies in Classical Philology 5.
Amsterdam: J. C. Gieben, 1995. Pp. xii + 294. f. 143.10. ISBN
90-5063-457-5

Elizabeth Kline