[B-Greek] Responding to the first message of a thread

Carl W. Conrad cwconrad at artsci.wustl.edu
Fri Oct 5 09:38:53 EDT 2007

I've called attention on several occasions to the desirability of
reading any responses already submitted to a query introducing a new
thread. Although I'm well aware that few (if any) will take this
admonition seriously (it's just too much trouble, isn't it?), I would
nevertheless reiterate the advice (ad nauseam!). While it won't hurt,
certainly, to have a helpful response re-stated in different terms
(or to have an alternative view of the matter in question), it
happens not infrequently that (1) a clearer account has already been
given or (2) a late-arriving response to the initial query is
confusing in the light of an already existing thread.

Carl W. Conrad (φωνὴ βοῶντος ἐν τῇ ἐρήμῳ
FWNH BOWNTOS EN THi ERHMWi)
Co-Chair, B-Greek List