[B-Greek] Attributive and Predicate Adjectives

Mitch Larramore mitchlarramore at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 28 20:55:55 EDT 2007

In Wallace's book, he summarizes the various positions
(three Attributives and two Predicates). All seem to
denote a slight emphasis on the Adjective, with the
exception of the Second Predicate, where the emphasis
is only "slightly heavier on the noun." (p. 308)

Could someone please explain to me what they feel is
the major difference between Attributive and Predicate
Adjectives, and/or what the major difference is
between the First and Second Attributive?

Lastly, could someone provide me with an example or
two where the use of an 'Attributive and not the
Predicate', or a 'Predicate and not the Attributive'
seems important (better still, critical) to an
author's point.

Mitch Larramore
Sugar Land, Texas