[B-Greek] Signatures

Jeffrey B. Gibson jgibson000 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 27 19:37:04 EDT 2007

"Carl W. Conrad" wrote:

> Actually, we have changed the protocol regarding signature; so long
> as the "From" header indicates the sender's real name -- is not a
> single name or a pseudonym, the signature file isn't necessary. FAQ
> (http://www.ibiblio.org/bgreek/faq.html):
>
> "Signatures: If your email address does not contain your real full
> name, please use a signature that provides at least your name.
> Signatures may also include your location, academic affiliation, or a
> web page. Signatures should not include comments that might be seen
> as provocative, sectarian, or political."

Apologies then.

Call me old school, but a message that does not have a signature attached
to it -- especially message as confrontational in tone as the ones from
Rey have been -- always looks to me like a message for which its sender
is not  willing to take responsibility.

Jeffrey

--
Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)