[B-Greek] L&N definition of APERCOMAI

George F Somsel gfsomsel at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 23 01:01:06 EDT 2007

13.93 παράγωc [PARAGW]; παρέρχομαιd [PAREXOMAI]; ἀπέρχομαιb [APERXOMAI]; ἐξέρχομαιb [ECERXOMAI]: to go out of existence—‘to cease to exist, to pass away, to cease.’
παράγωc [PARAGW]: ὁ κόσμος παράγεται [hO KOSMOS PARAGETAI] ‘the world passes away’ 1 Jn 2.17.
παρέρχομαιd [PARERXOMAI]: ὁ οὐρανὸς καὶ ἡ γῆ παρελεύσεται, οἱ δὲ λόγοι μου οὐ μὴ παρέλθωσιν [hO OURANOS KAI hH GH PARELEUSETAI, hOI DE LOGOI MOU OU MH PARELQWSIN] ‘heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away’ Mt 24.35.
ἀπέρχομαιb [APERXOMAI]: ἡ οὐαὶ ἡ μία ἀπῆλθεν [hH OUAI hH MIA APHLQEN] ‘the first horror ceased’ Re 9.12; εὐθὺς ἀπῆλθεν ἀπ̓ αὐτοῦ ἡ λέπρα [EUQUS APHLQEN AP' AUTOU hH LEPRA] ‘at once the leprosy left him’ Mk 1.42.
ἐξέρχομαιb [ECERXOMAI]: ἰδόντες δὲ οἱ κύριοι αὐτῆς ὅτι ἐξῆλθεν ἡ ἐλπὶς τῆς ἐργασίας αὐτῶν [IDONTES DE hOI KURIOI AUTHS hOTI ECHLQEN hH ELPIS THS ERGASIAS AUTWN] ‘when her owners realized that their chance of making money no longer existed’ or ‘ … was gone’ Ac 16.19.

Louw, J. P., & Nida, E. A. (1996, c1989). Greek-English lexicon of the New Testament : Based on semantic domains (electronic ed. of the 2nd edition.) (1:158). New York: United Bible societies.

george
gfsomsel

defend the truth till death.

- Jan Hus