[B-Greek] Emil Schurer and his Greek Inscriptions

James Spinti JSpinti at Eisenbrauns.com
Fri Jul 20 10:37:28 EDT 2007

Steve,

For general coverage, your best bet is still the unabridged
Liddell-Scott-Jones-MacKenzie, usually abbreviated LSJ. It isn't cheap,
but worth the money if you venture outside the NT/AF much.
A Greek-English Lexicon
9th edition with revised supplement
by Henry G. Liddell, R. Scott, and Roderick McKenzie
Edited by P. G. Glare
Oxford University Press, 1996
2378 pages, English, Cloth
ISBN: 0-19-864226-1
ISBN13: 978-0-19-864226-8
List Price: $160.00

For early Patristic literature, there is Lampe, A Patristic Lexicon, but
it isn't cheap, either.
A Patristic Greek Lexicon
Edited by G. W. Lampe
Oxford University Press, 1961
xlvii + 1568 pages, English, Cloth
ISBN: 0-19-864213-X
ISBN13: 978-0-19-864213-8
List Price: $350.00

For Septuagint, you have two choices in dedicated lexica:
Greek-English Lexicon of the Septuagint
Revised Edition
Edited by J. Lust, Erik Eynikel, and K. Hauspie
American Bible Society, 2004
678 pages, English and Greek, Cloth, 6.5 x 9.5
ISBN: 3-438-05124-9
ISBN13: 978-3-438-05124-0
List Price: $119.99

Greek-English Lexicon of the Septuagint
Chiefly of the Pentateuch and the Twelve Prophets
Edited by T. Muraoka
Peeters Publishers, 2003
xxxii + 613 pages, English and Greek, Cloth
ISBN: 90-429-1182-4
ISBN13: 978-90-429-1182-6
List Price: $83.00

All of these are available online, via Eisenbrauns or other specialized
booksellers. You could try the river in Brazil, if you want to pay
more...

<marketing mode on>
I do have a used LSJ in stock and every August/September we run a
back-to-school sale.
<marketing mode off>

HTH,
James