[B-Greek] question for the LXX experts

Carl W. Conrad cwconrad at artsci.wustl.edu
Wed Jul 18 13:55:19 EDT 2007

On Jul 18, 2007, at 1:08 PM, Gene Gardner wrote:

> Which version of the LXX is most accurate according  to the
> original  books of the Torah that were translated bce, and what
> differences were there in the LXX Qumran fragments versus the text
> (s) that we have currently?

This is not really a question about the Greek Biblical text as such,
and it involves a questionable assumption that the Hebrew text
translated by the LXX translators was identical with the Hebrew
Masoretic text of the 9th c. C.E. Moreover, I'm not familiar
(although I may well be wrong) with any LXX fragments in the Qumran
texts.

cwconrad2 at mac.com
WWW: http://www.ioa.com/~cwconrad/