[B-Greek] Lists in the Pauline corpus

ken at cotr.com ken at cotr.com
Tue Jul 17 14:49:42 EDT 2007

I have been thinking and wondering (as a newbie student) about the
occurrances and possible significance of various "lists" of things in Paul's
writings.  For example, Galatians - the works of the flesh and fruit of the
spirit, or Ephesians - one Lord, one faith, one baptism; Philippians -
whatever is true, noble, right; or in 2 Tim. 3 - men will be lovers of
themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, etc.

The list in 2Tim 3:10,11 was also mentioned in a recent post.

My questions are essentially;

Are the forms of these lists common in Koine greek, or are they more
specific to the Pauline corpus?  And what significance might we derive from
their usage, if any?

Kenneth Bent
Silsbee, Texas 77656
United States