[B-Greek] How to Self-Study Attic Greek?

James Spinti JSpinti at Eisenbrauns.com
Tue Jul 17 09:54:40 EDT 2007

The problem with both Chase & Phillips and Crosby & Schaeffer is that
they assume prior knowledge of Latin, as well as a knowledge of English
grammar which is lacking in most people today (I know that I didn't
learn English grammar until I learned Latin, and by then I was reading
Greek and biblical Hebrew!). Because of that assumption, they see no
need to explain the genitive absolute other than by saying it functions
just like the ablative absolute in Latin. That's real helpful, isn't it?
:)

James

James Spinti
Marketing Director, Book Sales Division