[B-Greek] Greek word AUTOS

Ron Bonica ron at bonica.org
Fri Jul 13 10:08:55 EDT 2007

Hi Joshua,

Mark 9:36 is an example. In this case, the word AUTOS refers to a child
(PAIDION). Unfortunately, the word PAIDION is always neuter, regardless
of the gender of the child to which the word refers. So, we have no idea
whether the word AUTOS should be translated as "he" or "she". I assume
that the translators used the word "it" because they didn't know whether
the child was a boy or a girl.

                              Ron