[B-Greek] Lk 2:21 EPLHSQHSAN

George F Somsel gfsomsel at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 7 14:59:51 EDT 2007

Actually, it doesn't say "after" eight days but "when the eight days were completed."  Remember Carl's comments regarding inclusive dating some time back?  He noted that "in eight days" or "in three days" would include the days at both ends of the series.  Thus "when eight days were completed" would be saying the same as we would say in English "in one week" (which to us is "in seven days."  Note that in Lk 1.57-63 a similar account is given of the birth and circumcision of John in which he is circumcised AND NAMED ἐν τῇ ἡμέρᾳ τῇ ὀγδόῃ [EN THi hHMERAi THi OGDOHi].

george
gfsomsel

defend the truth till death.

- Jan Hus