[B-Greek] Speaking clearly: grammatical aspect, lexical aspect

Carl W. Conrad cwconrad at artsci.wustl.edu
Fri Jul 6 10:31:09 EDT 2007

On Jul 6, 2007, at 9:43 AM, Eric Weiss wrote:

> Thanks!
>
>   His definition of "aspect" seems easier to explain/understand
> than his definition of
>   "aktionsart."
>
>   But by defining both as "the feature of the Greek language," he
> seems to imply that
>   other languages don't or may not have "aspect" and "aktionsart."

I thought you said you had this book at home; remember that it's
entitled "Pocket
Dictionary for the Study of New Testament GREEK" -- it's not trying
to give a
general introduction to Linguistics (but it IS very helpful in
explaining several
terms that Linguists use in describing languages generally, as well
as in
describing Greek.

cwconrad2 at mac.com
WWW: http://www.ioa.com/~cwconrad/