[B-Greek] Difficulty of reading passages

Bryan Cox bccox99 at tx.rr.com
Thu Jul 5 21:58:15 EDT 2007

Surprisingly, I rarely see the book of Mark mentioned as good reading.
It is relatively short and tends to repeat words (especially 'euthus', the
function
of which you will learn quite well), which is great for learning vocabulary.
I've
read that 1 John is another good book on which to begin, though from my
experience, I'm not sure I'd agree.  I think a good narrative story (rather
than
abstract concepts) is much easier to wrap one's brain around from a
beginner's perspective.

Why is Mark so rarely suggested?  Is it because it is a relatively 'poor'
Greek
with a lot of semitic structure?  Just curious.

Thanks,
Bryan Cox
Plano, Tx