[B-Greek] Fwd: Re: Modern vs. Erasmian pronunciation, something new

Gary Coombs Gary.Coombs at shadowmountain.org
Thu Nov 30 18:09:51 EST 2006

Anthony:

What is the best way for me to learn the Modern Greek pronunciation?  I
have been teaching N.T. Greek since the 70s but have only known the
Erasmian pronunciation.  I didn't realize how much difference there was
until I tried to tell a Greek hello.  I said "chaire" as I learned to
pronounce it and he said "What were you trying to say?"

Gary Coombs
Southern California Seminary