[B-Greek] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: Modern vs. Erasmian pronunciation, something new

Anthony Buzzard anthonybuzzard at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 30 19:33:16 EST 2006

For myself, I think the reading of the language aloud is one of the
greatest blessings to be gained from studying the NT. One has a sense
of authenticity if one is reading it in a way that a Greek would
understand it today. I think that learning to read is considerably
easier with the modern form, though spelling is probably harder since
there are many sounds which sound "ee."
For modern linguists involved in theology I thoroughly recommend the
modern version, not that this is a matter of "right and wrong" of
course. I do not understand language about being "split" over this issue.

Anthony Buzzard