[B-Greek] The divine name in Gk MSS

Webb webb at selftest.net
Thu Nov 30 19:21:28 EST 2006

It's cool to see good photos of the Chester Beatty papyri (P45 and P46)
available online. Perhaps someone can explain to me where in them one can
find the tetragrammaton. Abbreviations such as those mentioned by George
Somsel are totally ordinary in the uncials, and it's news to me if they are
claimed as "manuscript evidence for the tetragrammaton". I'd be fascinated
if someone can tell me why these run-of-the-mill abbreviations are taken as
evidence about the tetragrammaton.

Webb Mealy