[B-Greek] Rev 22:18 SUMMARTUROUMAI PANTI

Jason Hare jaihare at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 23:51:29 EST 2006

Yes, George, you're right. It's the TR:

SUMMARTUROUMAI GAR PANTI AKOUONTI TOUS LOGOUS THS PROFHTEIAS TOU BIBLIOU
TOUTOU EAN TIS EPITIQHi PROS TAUTA EPIQHSEI hO QEOS EP' AUTON TAS PLHGAS TAS
GEGRAMMENAS EN BIBLIWi TOUTWi.

The text of the TR that I have has an interlinear that assigns the meaning
"I jointly testify" to SUMMARTUROUMAI. Very interesting.

It must be remembered that Erasmus appended his own translation of these
words to the TR since he was unable (from what I've heard) to find a copy of
the original wording of the Revelation. That it is as similar as it is
stands as a testimony of his scholarship.

Yours,
Jason

--
Jason A. Hare