[B-Greek] Rev 22:18 SUMMARTUROUMAI PANTI

George F Somsel gfsomsel at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 29 23:27:23 EST 2006

You apparently are using the Textus Receptus rather than the critical text.  Metzger doesn't even consider this reading to be worthy of mention while Tischendorf notes that it appears in some Latin texts including Tyconius and Primasius.  BDAG notes that this word indicates a confirmation or prividing of supporting evidence.

Re 22. 18 - Critical text

MARTURW EGW PANTI TWi AKOUONTI TOUS LOGOUS THS PROFHTEIAS TOU BIBLIOU EAN TIS EPIQHi EP' AUTA, EPIQHSEI hO QEOS EP' AUTON TAS PLHGAS TAS GEGRAMMENAS EN TWi BIBLIWi TOUTWi.

george
gfsomsel
_________