[B-Greek] B-Greek Archives

Curtis Hinson curtis at curtishinson.com
Wed Nov 29 16:16:42 EST 2006

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [B-Greek] How to search the archives
Date: 	Thu, 26 Oct 2006 19:00:41 -0500
From: 	Curtis Hinson <curtis at curtishinson.com>
To: 	Carl W. Conrad <cwconrad at artsci.wustl.edu>, B Greek
<b-greek at lists.ibiblio.org>
<79075770-0954-4928-90E8-F3B7664B36F2 at artsci.wustl.edu>

For some reason one of Carl's links didn't work so here are some links.

http://tinyurl.com/ydwjp6
My Firefox search solution

http://tinyurl.com/ykro2m
My Internet Explorer search solution

The service my solutions provide, by the way, is that you can simply
type "bgreek" follow by search terms instead of a URL in your browser's
location bar, and it'll instantly pull that search up.  I also have
Bob's solution installed on my PCs.

The link to Bob Firth's Firefox tool works fine as below.  I think this
info should probably be included in the list FAQ as I feel like this
question has come up as often as twice a month.

That second link, by the way, incorrectly claims the solution works for
both Firefox and Internet Explorer.  It works for Internet Explorer; the
second one only also works for Firefox if you install my solution and
then install Firefox, so just stick with the first link if you have Firefox.

Bless the Name
Curtis Hinson
http://adfontes.ath.cx
http://curtishinson.com

P.S.  I wrote a program that keeps an eye on how many list members
downloaded either solution, and there have been twice as many Firefox
users as IE users!  Hooray.

Carl W. Conrad wrote the following on 10/26/2006 6:42 PM:
> On Oct 26, 2006, at 6:31 PM, wayfaringman at netzero.net wrote:
>

>> To All,
>>
>> The following link given to me by Carl will take you to a search
>> engine for the archives. Happy searching!
>>

>> http://lists.ibiblio.org/htdig/cgi-bin/htsearch?config=htdig&restrict=
>> %2Fpipermail%2Fb-greek&exclude=&method=and&format=builtin-
>> long&sort=score&words=
>>

> That was, I think, the creation of a list-member (was it Curtis Hinson)?
>
> Unfortunately, that won't work because of the word-wrap; here's a
> Tiny URL version of it that will yield the same.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/dy5zr
>
> Those who use Firefox as their browser have at their disposal a plug-
> in search engine for B-Greek that can be found at:
>
> http://mycroft.mozdev.org/download.html?
> submitform=Search&sherlock=yes&opensearch=yes&category=25
>
> or in Tiny URL:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/y3eoe8
> This was created by Bob Firth (there's also one for B-Hebrew, by the
> way).
>
> Carl W. Conrad
> 1989 Grindstaff Road/Burnsville, NC 28714/(828) 675-4243
> cwconrad2 at mac.com
> WWW: http://www.ioa.com/~cwconrad/

My local weather at the time of this email:
73F (22C), Fair

Server status:
18:48:01 up 54 days, 16:41,  1 user,  load average: 0.01, 0.03, 0.00

--
My local weather at the time of this email:
54F (12C), Partly Cloudy and Breezy

Server status:
 15:15:02 up 88 days, 14:04,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.05, 0.06