[B-Greek] Jn 2.4 and translation practices

Bryant J. Williams III bjwvmw at com-pair.net
Thu Nov 23 19:53:55 EST 2006

Probably the best way is to use, Ma'am. I use quite frequently with those
who I know to be married. The term, Ms, is used here in the USA to refer to
a woman who is not known whether she is married or not and actually prefers
it that way. The term, Miss, is obvious. Lady maybe to formal. I know of
some parts of the USA that say, "Woman," is equivalent to saying "female" in
a derogatory fashion or in the inner-city areas equivalent to "HO" (don't go
there and it is not referring to Christmas).

>From where I was born and from where I was raised (not necessarily the same)
Ma'am is the acceptable word/form of addressing a married woman, even if she
was your mother!

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III