[B-Greek] Acts 4:33- CARIS

George F Somsel gfsomsel at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 23 14:25:11 EST 2006

Different authors use words in slightly differing ways, and while context must always be considered when reading any passage, I would be careful to avoid any notion that there is a "Holy Ghost" Greek being used in any passage.  I wouldn't give any different consideration to the language used in the NT than I would to that used by Plato or Athanasius (though A's usage is undoubtedly going to be colored by the NT).  Each author and even each work and passage within a work must be considered in it's own right without having some view imposed upon it from one's presuppositions regarding what it means (or doesn't mean) to be Christian.  If we are open to letting the author speak as he wishes to speak, we may find ourselves occasionally surprised.

george
gfsomsel
_________