[B-Greek] Acts 4:33- CARIS

Mark Spitsbergen awakesd at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 23 13:32:12 EST 2006

Dr. Conrad,

Is it possible that we may bias ourselves against an evolving contextual
definition of a word by holding fast to a narrow definition of these ancient
words? Should we not consider that God has sanctified certain words for his
own unique application, which is unveiled through the context in which those
words appear? As we observe the usage of the word CARIS, it evolves from a
unique description of who the incarnate Word is (John 1:14), to that which
the saints are given in order to function in supernatural gifts ³ECONTES DE
CARISMATA KATA THN CARIN THN DOQEISAN HMIN² (Romans 12:6). Should we not
also consider that the ³great grace² that was on the church signifies the
empowerment given to them to work miracles and preach the gospel with power
as Jesus commanded?

Mark Spitsbergen