[B-Greek] Jn 2.4 and translation practices

Carl W. Conrad cwconrad at artsci.wustl.edu
Mon Nov 20 05:51:14 EST 2006

KURIA is a perfectly respectable term for a respectable lady, the
"lady of the house." Although it appears only 2x in the GNT,
apparently with reference to a church congregation in 2 and 3 Jn,
BDAG displays instances of such usage. In general KURIA = Lat.
"domina" as KURIOS = Lat. "dominus."

cwconrad2 at mac.com
WWW: http://www.ioa.com/~cwconrad/