[B-Greek] George Somsel - BDAG

Denise Parkes deniseparkes at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 18 20:10:08 EST 2006

Hi George,

I am concerned that since the BDAG utilises literature from post-NT times -
early Christian writers - in deriving it's definitions,  it may not
therefore reflect the original meanings of some NT words.

Shouldn't a lexicon of the NT be based only on the NT and literature in use
when it was written in 1st Century Palestine?

Also, can you tell me whether lexicons in general utilise everyday formal
and informal writings, like court records and letters, in deriving their
definitions?

Thank you in anticipation of your help,
Denise Parkes

Advertisement: Meet Sexy Singles Today @ Lavalife - Click here
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D23769&_t=754951090&_r=endtext_lavalife_nov_meet&_m=EXT