[B-Greek] Word Definitions in Greek to English Lexicons?

Jim West jwest at highland.net
Sat Nov 18 15:55:09 EST 2006

Harry Jones wrote:
> Hello
>
>   Does anyone know how the definitions for the Greek words we find in the Greek lexicons are determined? I wondering what the exact method used is?
>
>   Best Regards,
>
>   Harry Jones

They are examined in a variety of textual contexts by trained,
intelligent lexicographers.  Once they have done that difficult and
arduous legwork they alphabetize and categorize and type and submit to
an editor (or editors) their work.  After the editor(s) goes over it
with a fine tooth comb he either asks for corrections or approves said
entries.

Then the book is revised and the proofs are corrected quite carefully.

Then the manuscript is sent off to the printer.

And then you go to the bookstore (or to some online seller) and you buy it.

Best

Jim

--
Jim West, ThD