[B-Greek] Lk 5:17 syntax of hOI clause

Carl W. Conrad cwconrad at artsci.wustl.edu
Fri Nov 17 04:47:27 EST 2006

On Nov 17, 2006, at 1:44 AM, Oun Kwon wrote:
> <clipped>
>
> I have to make a correction and clarify about mss variant on AUTON
> of Line
> 5.
>
>             AUTOS (them) vs. AUTON (by Him).
>
> This explain some difference in English translations.
>
> My argument about hOI clause is dealing with AUTOS, not AUTON

AUTOS won't mean "them" but Textus Receptus (as also Majority Text)
reads AUTOUS in that final clause -- and of course it is TR that
underlies the KJV English cited by Oun. Of course the AUTON in the
final clause of 5:17 is accusative SUBJECT of IASQAI, not OBJECT.

cwconrad2 at mac.com
WWW: http://www.ioa.com/~cwconrad/