[B-Greek] Rev 9:10a Gk syntax

Carl W. Conrad cwconrad at artsci.wustl.edu
Wed Nov 15 05:36:16 EST 2006

On Nov 14, 2006, at 11:33 PM, Oun Kwon wrote:

> Rev  9:10a    KAI ECOUSIN OURAS hOMOIAS SKORPIOIS KAI KENTRA
>
> Is it possible to arrange as the following:
>
>   KAI ECOUSIN OURAS  KAI KENTRA hOMOIAS SKORPIOIS?
>
> Any difference between the two?
>
> As for me it seems like the first one to say
>
>        'And they have tails like scorpions, even stings, ...'

I rather think this KAI is a conjunction rather than an adverb; as I
see it, KAI KENTRA simply adds a second object; I would understand
hOMOIAS SKORPIOIS as referring to both OURAS and KENTRA, although it
is positioned and agrees only with the first. It could have been
OURAS KAI KENTRA hOMOIA SKORPIOIS.

cwconrad2 at mac.com
WWW: http://www.ioa.com/~cwconrad/