[B-Greek] I'm going to give a message to my two witnesses. Rev. 11:3

George F Somsel gfsomsel at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 14 18:11:02 EST 2006

Gen 13.5-6

Hebrew

W:GaM_L:LoW+ HaHoL"K )eT_)aB:RfM HfYfH Co)N_W.BfQfR W:)oHfLiYM
W:Lo)_Nf%f) )oTfM Hf)fReC Lf$eBeT YaX:D.fW K.iY_HfYfH R:KW.$fM RfB W:Lo) YfK:LW. Lf$eBeT YaX:D.fW

LXX

KAI LWT TWi SUMPOREUOMENWi META ABRAM HN PROBATA KAI BOES KAI SKHNAI
KAI OU EXWREI AUTOUS hH GH KATOIKEIN hAMA, hOTI HN TA hUPARXONTA AUTWN

RSV

And Lot, who went with Abram, also had flocks and herds and tents,
so that the land could not support both of them dwelling together; for their possessions were so great that they could not dwell together.

Note the KAI which joins the clauses together here and that it is translated as a result clause ("so that").  It is typical of Hebrew to join clauses together with the waw (KAI in Greek) while in English we would use other constructions such as a result clause or some other clause.

george
gfsomsel
_________