[B-Greek] Rev. 8:9--what died?

Webb webb at selftest.net
Mon Nov 13 17:21:24 EST 2006

Carl,

That's a fascinating interpretation of this verse, and one that differs
dramatically from the ones that I recall hearing. Are you saying that John
is picturing something like giant waves killing a third of the creatures who
live on dry land? "And a third of living creatures drowned in the sea"?
Given that John is a second-language Greek speaker, is it impossible that
he's trying, rather clumsily, to talk about all the sea creatures that had
YUCAS, namely the air-breathers?

Webb Mealy
p.s. I sent this to you off-list by mistake. I leave it to you to post your
reply or some other reply on-list if you wish.