[B-Greek] 2 Samuel 6:20 Septuagint

George F Somsel gfsomsel at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 13 16:55:33 EST 2006

Let's do the whole verse

KAI EPESTREYEN DAUID EULOGHSAI TON OIKON AUTOU, KAI ECHLQEN MELXOL hH QUGATHR SAUL EIS APANTHSIN DAUID KAI EULOGHSEN AUTON KAI EIPEN "TI DEDOCASTAI SHMERON hO BASILEU ISRAHL, hOS APOKALYFQH SHMERON EN OFQALMOIS PAIDISKWN TWN DOULWN hEAUTOU, KAQOW APOKALUPTETAI APOKALUFQEIS hEIS TWN ORXOUMENWN"

And David returned to greet his household, and Michal, the daughter of Saul, came out to meet him and said,  "My, how the King of Israel has distinguished himself today before all the servants of his subjects just as one of the lewd dancers exposes himself."

Some liberty has been taken.  EULOGEW which is normally "bless" is given as "greet" in accordance with its usage in the second instance in this verse.  This should be understood as being rather sarcastic which has prompted the addition of the "My, . . ."

george
gfsomsel
_________