[B-Greek] EILHFEN, Rev. 8:5 -- "aoristic"?

Carl W. Conrad cwconrad at artsci.wustl.edu
Mon Nov 13 16:16:09 EST 2006

I rather think that the aorist and present perfect overlap
increasingly in usage in the Koine -- I think that many an aorist can
be legitimately Englished as "I have ... /he/she has ... "; it's
possible that influence of Latin usage (the Latin aorist and perfect
merged into the single tense -- perfect-- very early. Certainly the
perfect tense is less common in Koine than it was in earlier periods.