[B-Greek] Eph 4:15

Susan Jeffers susan at read-the-bible.org
Fri Nov 10 10:16:58 EST 2006

Greetings, Greekers!

ALHQEUONTES DE EN AGAPH AUXHSWMEN EIS AUTON TA PANTA (Eph 4:15a).

Any reason this couldn't be interpreted:

"But speaking truth, might we grow into him in love in all things..."
or
"But speaking the truth, in love we must grow up in every way into him..."
or
"But speaking the truth, may we grow in love into him in all things..."
or
some other variation that puts the "in love" part with the "growing
in him" part?

As opposed to the customary "Speaking the truth in love...." translation?

In other words, the usual translation implies that if people "speak
truth in love" we will "grow up into him in all things" -- but what
if it's saying that if we "speak truth" then we will "grow in love in him..." ?

Thanks!

Susan Jeffers

EMail: susan at read-the-bible.org
Peace Church Bible Study Home Page: www.read-the-bible.org