[B-Greek] A Question on 1 Timothy 2:6 and the meaning of, ANTILUTRON ?

Webb webb at selftest.net
Mon Nov 6 21:31:50 EST 2006

I suspect that the writer of 1 Timothy knew Jesus' words that we have
recorded in Matt. 20:28 and Mk 10:45. Notice that in the Lord's saying, the
expression DOUNAI THN YUCHN AUTOU LUTRON ANTI POLLWN means to give his life
in exchange for many, that is, in exchange for many people's lives. "Instead
of money"? I can't see any reason to go in that direction.

Webb Mealy