[B-Greek] Acts 2:16 - Holy Spirit = TOUTO w/no antecedent

Jason Kerrigan restoringchristianity at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 3 17:12:16 EST 2006

Carl,

  Thanks for your responses. I would like to point something out to you
  in relation to what you said.

  You said:

  I don't think this TOUTO refers specifically to the Holy Spirit but
rather to the phenomenon of the speaking. I think that TOUTO here
refers to"what you are seeing and hearing."

  I agree that it was what they were "seeing and hearing," and in fact this
  is one of the primary indicators that this is specifically referring to the
  Holy Spirit, because Peter goes on to say:

  "... having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he
  hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear." (Acts 2:32)

  What do you think?
  Jason W. Kerrigan