[B-Greek] (no subject)

Anthony Buzzard anthonybuzzard at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 3 14:50:21 EST 2006

Zach, I have been teaching NT Greek with a modern Greek pronunciation
for many years.
Your name is 'zacharee-as'   The 'ch' is the sound of the ch in the word Bach.

I was very much heartened to know, from others on this list, of other
schools where the Greek is taught with the modern Greek
pronunciation. Reading, since many of the vowels are pronounced 'ee,'
is rather easy. In fact we have a saying (humorously) in reading:
"when in doubt say 'ee.'"
Fairly fluent reading can be achieved in a fairly short time, and of
course all the sounds are consistent.

Anthony Buzzard

Visit our website at www.restorationfellowship.org