[B-Greek] NT Greek taught with modern Greek prounciation

Anthony Buzzard anthonybuzzard at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 1 15:40:14 EST 2006

Does anyone know of schools other than Atlanta Bible College, where
we teach elementary NT Greek, which uses the modern Greek
pronunciation. It is a beautiful language and at least to my ear more
attractive than the Erasmian,. contrived pronunciation. We use,as
backup,  the tapes of Spiros Zodhiates who is a native speaker. Since
so many of the modern Greek vowels and diphthongs sound "ee" the
reading is rather easy, but spelling becomes more difficult. Our
bright students read with reasonable fluency after a semester,
meeting for about 1 1/2 hours a week only.
Anthony Buzzard

Visit our website at www.restorationfellowship.org