[B-Greek] En and Eis

Anthony Buzzard anthonybuzzard at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 1 15:27:02 EST 2006

I am new to the list, but the post quoting Clement and the use of en
(one) rather than eis for God is intriguing.
The point I want to confirm is that the translation of Mark 12:29
"The Lord our God is one Lord" is the natural a correct translation
of KURIOS EMON KURIOS EIS ESTIN. Standard authorities seem to agree
(New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology, for example)
that this is the proper way to render the Greek.
Anyone like to comment on that translation "The Lord our God is one Lord."
It seems to me that this is better than "Lord our God, the Lord is one."
Anthony Buzzard

Visit our website at www.restorationfellowship.org