[B-Greek] Question about How Clement uses the cardinal hEN in "The Instructor"

George F Somsel gfsomsel at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 1 13:26:50 EST 2006

" hEN GAR AMFW" -- is this correct?

george
gfsomsel
_________

----- Original Message ----
From: Octavio Rodriguez <octaviors at gmail.com>
To: B-Greek at lists.ibiblio.org
Sent: Wednesday, November 1, 2006 8:50:22 AM
Subject: [B-Greek] Question about How Clement uses the cardinal hEN in "The Instructor"

Clement in "The Instructor" book I, chapter 8 said:

   hEN GAR AMFW   hO QEOS OTI EIPEN EN ARCH O LOGOS HN EN TW QEW KAI QEOS HN
hO LOGOS

Here the cardinal "hEN" is neuter, my question is why didn't Clement use the
masculine "hEIS" to be in agree in gender with  "hO QEOS"?

Is the the translation "For both are a unity [namely] God" better than "For
both are one [namely] God", regarding the difference between hEN and hEIS?

Best Regards
Octavio Rodriguez
B-Greek mailing list
B-Greek at lists.ibiblio.org