[B-Greek] Jn 20:28 - Grammatical difference between the nominative for vo...

Awohili at aol.com Awohili at aol.com
Fri Mar 31 19:47:25 EST 2006

In a message dated 03/31/2006 3:04:13 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
robbw at calvary-tricities.org writes:

The phrase  “My Lord and my God” in Jn 20:28 contains articular nominatives
(Lord, God)  which are identified by Robertson and Wallace as the “Nominative
for  Vocative”. I would think the way Jehovah’s Witnesses view this they
would want  to classify it as the “Nominative for Exclamation”.

Actually, Jehovah's Witnesses have no problem with seeing hO KURIOS MOU KAI
hO QEOS MOU as possibly the "Nominative for Vocative."  (Reasoning from the
Scriptures, p. 213;  Awake! 3/22/72; Watchtower 1/15/92; Awake!  4/22/05)

Solomon Landers