[B-Greek] Looking for a quote

Ed Garcia Ed.Garcia at FHLBTopeka.com
Mon Mar 27 10:40:02 EST 2006

"for a pastor not to know Greek makes about as much sense as a professor of French literature not knowing French."

For what it's worth, it reminds me of something I once read in the writings of Oscar Wilde.

Ed Garcia
Kansas

-----Original Message-----
From: b-greek-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org [mailto:b-greek-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Matt Gumm
Sent: Sunday, March 26, 2006 2:45 PM
To: b-greek at lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: [B-Greek] Looking for a quote

Hopefully this isn't too far afield. When I read the request, I immediately thought of you all.

  A friend of mine is trying to track down a quote. Something like "for a pastor not to know Greek makes about as much sense as a professor of French literature not knowing French." He thinks J. Gresham Machen may have said it, but can't find it anywhere.

  Any ideas?

  Thanks.

  Matt Gumm

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended solely
for the use of the intended recipient. The information contained
herein may be legally privileged, proprietary or subject to copyright
or trademark protection or may  constitute material, non-public
information regarding the sender, subject to protection under federal
or state law or regulations. If you are not the intended recipient,
be aware that any use, copying or distribution of this information
is strictly prohibited and may subject you to criminal or civil
penalties. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender immediately by e-mail reply and delete this e-mail from your
computer. Thank you for your cooperation.
FEDERAL HOME LOAN BANK OF TOPEKA [FHLBInfo at fhlbtopeka.com]