[B-Greek] TADE in Revelation

Carl W. Conrad cwconrad at artsci.wustl.edu
Fri Mar 17 06:14:28 EST 2006

My reaction was to the original assertion, "The demonstrative hODE
had pretty much gone out of use AT THE TIME OF THE  NT." What
disturbed me was the apparent implication that the GNT is a corpus
representative of the standard usage of Hellenistic Greek.
Unquestionably the GNT is composed in Hellenistic Greek of several
different levels but there's a sizable body of surviving Greek
literature outside of Biblical Greek, and the reference works you
cite here are fundamentally concerned with Biblical Greek. I am
perhaps overly sensitive to claims about Biblical Greek being fully
representative of Hellenistic Greek generally. I apologize if I came
across as being prickly.