[B-Greek] Acts 24:1-2

Richard Lindeman oblchurch at msn.com
Thu Mar 16 23:01:26 EST 2006

Acts 24:1-2 ENEFANISAN TW hHGEMONI KATA TOU PAULOU KLHQENTOS DE AUTOU HRXATO KATHGOREIN hO TERTULLOS LEGWN

“They informed the governor against Paul. And when he was called, Tertullus began to accuse, saying”

Why does this construction seem so awkward to me?

I want to say that PAULOU is the antecedent of AUTOU because it is in agreement, but is it possible that hO TERTULLOS is the antecedent?

And why is TERTULLOS in the nominative case here when it is the subject of the infinitive?

Thanks!

Rich Lindeman