[B-Greek] Learning Greek

Joe Hightower boeinguy2 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 15 14:08:42 EST 2006

In answer to Carl's questions, I have worked through Machen's first year primer.  I have worked through about 1/3 to 1/2 of Wallaces 2nd year grammar.  I have accumulated and used a few other advanced grammars as well.

I am trying to learn to read though.  I want to be able to read through the text.  I do not expect to teach or preach directly from the text, but to comfortably read and get the thrust of the story or discourse.

I am very slow right now.  Certain things I recognize quickly including some vocabulary and structure, but I so often have to stop look things up that I lose the flow of the material.

Anything that will help this process witll be appreciated.