[B-Greek] question about Koine and modern greek

Carl W. Conrad cwconrad at artsci.wustl.edu
Tue Mar 14 12:49:35 EST 2006

This would be a good question to put to a modern Greek reader who
looks at the GNT for the first time; however, it won't do for those
who were raised up in the Greek Orthodox faith and have heard the GNT
read aloud liturgically and probably have read texts from it for the
whole of their literate lives. What might be more comparable to an
English reader/speaker who is reading Chaucer in the original early
modern English.