[B-Greek] Value of Older Dictionaries

Joe Hightower boeinguy2 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 7 19:20:45 EST 2006

I have heard and read comments about the value of Vines and Strongs Dictionaries, and Thayer's Lexicon.  Are there serious concerns with these older works?  I do not use them but frequently interact with people who rely on them exclusively.  I would appreciate any feedback regarding particular issues or things to watch out for.

Also what about the word studies by Vincent, Wuest, and Robertson?  Trench's Synomyns of the New Testament or the complmentary volume (can't remember the author) for the Old Testament?

Joe Hightower